Dr. Thomas Salvucci Joins Cardiac Care Team
MAYFIELD, Ky. – Jackson Purchase Medical Center (JPMC) added cardiologist Dr. Thomas Salvucci to its medical staff on July 16. Salvucci is a specialist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the heart, including heart attacks, heart failure, endocarditis, pericarditis, peripheral artery disease and serious heart rhythm disturbances.
Based on a previous lack of cardiology coverage in the region, Salvucci’s training and experience are welcome enhancements to the total cardiac care services now available to JPMC patients and the region.
“I’m truly grateful to be a part of the cardiac care team at JPMC because this is so important to a community of this size. Now, patients don’t have to waste critical time traveling out of the area to find attention, evaluation and treatment for heart disease. We have an amazing team and the best life-saving technologies in place right here,” said Salvucci.
The cardiologist received his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1980. He completed an internship at Suburban General Hospital, Norristown, Penn.; and residencies at Phoenix General Hospital, Phoenix, Ariz., and Kennedy Memorial Hospitals, Stratford, NJ. In addition, he completed a fellowship at Deborah Heart and Lung Center, Browns Mills, NJ.
Salvucci is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Potential patients can find his office in the Jackson Purchase Medical Pavilion.
Heart disease is a leading cause of illness, hospitalization and death in America. As JPMC’s new cardiologist, Salvucci suggests the following tips for maintaining a heart health:
- Eat a diet low in saturated fat.
- Quit smoking. Nicotine use has been linked to a wide variety of life-threatening illnesses and heart disease is prominent among them. Use any of the myriad cessation techniques and tools available to you today and make this the year you quit.
- Have your blood pressure checked regularly.
- Engage in moderate exercise for at least 30 minutes five days a week.
- If you are diabetic, follow the guidelines set forth by the American Diabetes Association. For more information, visit: www.diabetes.org.
Remember that moderation is the key to a healthy heart. For more information about Dr. Salvucci or cardiac services at JPMC, call (270) 251-4090.