Ultrasounds are routinely scheduled from 8:00am to 3:00pm, Mondays through Fridays. Emergent studies may be obtained nights and weekends as medically necessary.
Conditions which may interfere with ultrasound examinations include:
- Intestinal gas or free intraperitoneal air
- Retained barium within the gastrointestinal tract
- Overlying dressing, drainage site or open wounds
- Sutures over the area of interest.
- Aorta - shows Aorta, Kidneys and Bladder
- Abdomen - shows Aorta, Pancreas, IVC, Liver, Gallbladder, Bile Ducts, Kidneys, Bladder and Spleen
- Gallbladder -shows Pancreas, Liver, Gallbladder and Right Kidney
- Kidneys - shows Aorta, Kidneys, Bladder and Spleen
- Pelvis - shows Uterus, Ovaries and Adenexa
**NOTE: An ultrasound of one organ (pancreas, liver, spleen) should be ordered as an Abdomen 1, then in the comment section, the organ to be done should be specified.
>> Return to the Radiology main page