Rudolph J. Triana, Jr., MD
MD - University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC (1989)
BA - Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC (1984) - Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude
- American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery (1999)
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2001)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (Metabolic and Nutrition Institute) (2015)
Dr. Rudolph Triana, Jr., is board certified in otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), head and neck surgery, and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He also performs hormone replacement. He has advanced training in aesthetic breast and body surgery, vein treatment, and advanced wound care as well. Dr. Triana graduated Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude from Wake Forest University. He completed his medical degree at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. During medical school, he was awarded several research fellowships including the Holderness Research Fellowship, a fellowship from the North Carolina Academy of Science and a fellowship from the Southern Medical Association. After completing medical school, he completed an internship in general surgery at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He then entered the U.S. Navy, completed the flight surgery training program and worked as a flight surgeon in Pensacola, Florida, where he was awarded the Naval Flight Surgeon of the Year. He currently resides in Kentucky with his wife Victoria and their two sons.
- Internship in general surgery at the University of North Carolina Hospitals Department of Surgery in Chapel Hill, NC (1989-1990)
- Flight surgery training program for U.S. Navy at the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute Naval Air Station in Pensacola, FL (1990-1991)
- Otolaryngology/head and neck surgery resident at the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC (1994-1998)
- Research fellowship at the North Carolina Academy of Science at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC (1982-1983)
- Fellowship sponsored by the Deafness Research Foundation in the Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, NC (1986-1987)
- Fellowship with the Southern Medical Association at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, NC (1987-1988)
- Holderness Medical Research Fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, NC (1987-1988)
- Foreign research fellowship in otology at the University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia (1989)
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA (1998-1999)
- Fellowship with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine) (2014-2016)
- Triana RJ, Murakami CS, Larrabee, WF. Skin Grafts and Local flaps. In: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 3rd ed; Papel, Nachlas, Sykes, Frodel, Holt, Park, Toriumi, and Larrabee, editors. Thieme 2007.
- Triana R. Endoscopic Orbital Floor Repair. Occuloplatic Surgery. Holck, 1st edition. Publication scheduled for 2004.
- Triana RJ, Murakami CS, Larrabee, WF. Skin Grafts and Local flaps. In: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2nd ed; Papel, Nachlas, Sykes, Frodel, Holt, Park, Toriumi, and Larrabee, editors. Thieme 2002.
- Triana R. Perspectives. Robert Abbe. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 200;2(1) (Jan-Mar):74.
- Triana, R. Perspectives. Jacques Joseph, Surgical Sculptor. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 1999;1(4) (Oct-Dec):324
- Triana, R. Perspectives. Sir Harold Gillies. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 1999;1(2) (Apr-Jun):142-143
- Triana, RJ, Larrabee,WF. Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty: The Aging Eyelid. Facial Plast Surg. 1999;15(3): 203-202
- Murakami CS, Triana RJ. Local Scalp Flap Reconstruction. In: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Toriumi ed. Thieme. 1999
- Murakami CS, Triana RJ. Ear Lobe Reconstruction. In: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Toriumi ed. Thieme. 1999
- Murakami CS, Triana RJ. Lateral Nsal Wall Reconstruction. In: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Toriumi ed. Thieme. 1999
- Triana RJ, Uglisic V, Virag M, Varga S, et al. Microvascular Free Flap Reconstructive Options in Patients with Maxillectomy Defects. Arch Fac Plast Surg .2000;2(Apr-Jun):91-101
- Triana RJ, Shockley WW. Pediatric Zygomatico-Orbital Complex Fractures: The Use of Resorbable Plating Systems A Case Report. J Cranio-Maxillofac Trauma. 1998;4(3):32-36
- Triana RJ, Hackeling TA. Complications of Airway Devices. In: Emergency Medicine Study Guide 2000. Tintanelli J, ed. McGraw-Hill Publishers, 1999, 1565-1570
- Hackeling TA, Triana RJ. Otolaryngologic Emergencies. In: Emergency Medicine Study Guide 2000. Tintanelli, ed. McGraw-Hill Publishers, 1999, 1556-1565
- Hackeling TA, Triana RJ, Ma JO, Shockley WW. Emergency Care of Patients with Tracheostomies: A Seven Year Review. Ann Emerg Med. 1998;16(7):681-685
- Ball SS, Prazma J, Dais CG, Triana RJ, Pillsbury HC. Role of Tumor necrosis factor and interleukin-1 in endotoxin induced middle ear effusions. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol.1997;106(108):633-639
- Triana RJ, Carrasco VN. Revision Tympanoplasty. In: Revision Otologic Surgery. Carrasco and Pillsbury, ed. Thieme Publications, 1997: 74-98
- Rust KR, Prazma J, Triana RJ, Michaelis O, Pillsbury HC. Inner Ear dammage secondary to diabetes mellitus part II: changes in againg SHR/N-cp rats. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1992:118(4):397-400
- Triana RJ, Suits G, Garrison S, Prazma J, Brechtelsbauer B, Michaelis O, Pillsbury HC. Inner ear damage secondary to diabetes mellitus part I: changes in adolescent SHR/N-cp rats. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1991: 117(6):635-641
- Triana RJ, Prazma J, Michaelis O, Pillsbury HC,. Analysis of blood flow in the tympanic membrane. Clincal Digest Series: Otology and Audiology. 1990;(Oct):128-135
- Carrasco VN, Prazma J, Triana RJ, Faber J, Pillsbury HC. Cochlear microcirculation: The effects of adreneric agonists on arteriole diameter. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1990;116:411-417.
- Michaelis O, Abraham A, Kimmel P, Velasques M, Triana RJ, Prazma J. Pathophysiological alterations in obese diabetic hypertensive/NIH-corpulent rats. In: Frontiers of Diabetes Research: Lessons from Animals, Diabetes III. Shafrir EE, ed. Smith and Garden Publishers, London, 1990, 330-350.
- Triana RJ, Prazma J, Carrasco VN. Analysis of Blood Flow in the Tympanic Membrane. Am J Otol. 1990:11(4):1-7
- Chief of Naval Air Training Flight Surgeon of the Year (1992)
- Outstanding Intern of the Year (1989)
- Deborah Leary Medical Student Research Award (1998)
- Triologic Society Resident Research Award (1998)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1983)
- Omicron Delta Kappa (1983)
- Mortar Board (1983)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology
- Sigma XI Research Society
Jackson Purchase ENT & Aesthetic Surgery is located in suite 240 of the Jackson Purchase Medical Pavilion. Dr. Triana is available Monday through Thursday, from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm and on Fridays from 7:30 am - noon. A referral is required to meet with Dr. Triana.
Selection of a health care provider is a personal choice. Most or all of the health care providers performing services in this Hospital are independent contractors who have privileges to practice at the Hospital but they are not Hospital employees, representatives or agents. This includes but is not limited to radiologists, pathologists, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, surgeons and others. Independent contractors are responsible for their own actions and the Hospital is not liable for the acts or omissions of any such independent contractors.
If understanding the relationship between your Health Care Provider and this Hospital is important to you, you may ask your Health Care Provider.