Access your results for COVID-19 tests given at the Jackson Purchase Medical Pavilion here! (Online healthcare information is only available for those 18 years and older.)
Information last updated 9/3/2021
- Can I get tested at the hospital?
Outpatient COVID-19 testing is available in the Jackson Purchase Medical Pavilion from 8 am - 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. When you arrive for testing, please remain in your vehicle and call 270.251.4095 to inform the clinic of your arrival. Please wear a mask.
- Should I get tested?
The CDC recommends that you should get tested for COVID-19 if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people should be tested 3-5 days following a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered do not need to get tested following an exposure as long as they do not develop new symptoms.
- You are unvaccinated and have taken part in activities that put you at higher risk for COVID-19 because you could not physically distance as needed to avoid exposure, such as traveling, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded or poorly-ventilated indoor settings.
- You have been asked or referred to get tested by your healthcare provider or local health department.
The CDC recommends that anyone with any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. If you get tested because you have symptoms or were potentially exposed to the virus, you should stay away from others pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
- How quickly can I expect my results?
For outpatient tests given at the Jackson Purchase Medical Pavilion, results can be expected on the Patient Portal 48-72 hours after testing.
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
- When should I go to the ER?
Look for emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
- Where can I get tested?
COVID-19 testing is now widely available throughout the Commonwealth. If you need a COVID-19 test, please contact your healthcare provider, local health department, urgent treatment center, healthcare clinic, or pharmacy. Some options that might be available to you, offering rapid tests, drive-thru tests, and even self-test kits, include:
- Jackson Purchase Medical Pavilion (8 am - 3:30 pm, M-F)
- Kroger- The Little Clinic
*This is not an exhaustive list, and COVID-19 test site details can change rapidly.